Tloona is an IDE for Tcl/Tk. Its main features are a syntax highlighted editor, a code browser and a command “REPL”. Projects are directories with the ending .vfs, which can later be deployed via Tclkits. Procedures, classes etc. can be send to the integrated REPL or to another interpreter via the comm Package. Both of these features are very useful for dynamic development and testing.
The project was inspired by Eclipse and Lisp/SLIME, so the graphical environment is a mixture partly of an Eclipse IDE and the SLIME environment for Emacs. This makes it a very good fit for the development of small to large Tcl/Tk applications, desktop and web. Nevertheless it is also useful for tiny administration scripts.
Tloona is the “next generation” Tcl/Tk, and Itcl/Itk IDE. Some of the features are:
- Project management for Tcl/Tk applications and extensions
- Syntax highlighting for both, Tcl and Itcl and Tk/Itk
- Code completion
- Code Browser for procs and class hierarchies
- REPL command console for dynamic evaluation of code definitions (procs, methods, classes, namespaces
- Ability to send code definitions to other Tcl interpreters
Tloona runs with ActiveTcl 8.4 or 8.5 (http://www.activestate.com/activetcl). The dependencies can be installed via teacup, which can be done with the script “install_dependencies.tcl” in the main directory of Tloona. Then click on “main.tcl” to run the program.
For more info, support and news visit http://sourceforge.net/projects/tloona/.